Monday, April 27, 2009

Velociraptor Seeks Your Life!


Here is another photo of my bone velociraptor from painting class. Unfortunately my camera phone is not good enough to take a super detailed image, but until I get a better picture this will have to do. Me and my painting buddies decided that this could quite possibly be the most awesome painting I've ever done. Oil paints and big brushes didn't make it easy, but it's pretty badass in my opinion so that's okay with me.

I figure a picture like this can't exist without a story to go along with it, so if you are so inclined, here is the destruction of a city via a bone velociraptor (and told through the eyes of some religious old guy.) Ho shit.

- - -

"I never did believe it until I saw it. Nope, not until I saw it with my own two eyes. The earth was a-rumblin', the sky was dark as coal, and yet none of us folk could quite wrap our heads around it. We packed up our belongin's, sure, and stashed away a good ol' mound o' food. But until that shiny white head popped itself over the top of my own house, I didn't believe a word of it. Bones don't just get up and move, no they don't! And certainly not those dino-saaur bones, whatever them be. But sure enough, as real as the sun above our very head, that dino-saaur came lumberin' over my very own house! I could barely believe it, but I saw it and I think it saw me. And then it opened it's mouth and made this sound, a sound unlike nothin' in the world I tell you! It was like a train crashin', and a tornado whirlin', and a thunderstorm all wrapped into one long screech! It screamed away my own hearin', and then it crushed my house, yes it did!

Now me and my brother and sister started screamin' and runnin', but I don't think the big monster noticed to be honest with ya. That creature, born from Satan let me tell you, walked right over us. I ain't never seen nothin' that huge before! No creature on God's green earth could have done what that bone thing did; it was evil, pure evil! Now we all kept runnin' even as the dino-saaur walked over us. There was smoke everywhere, people screamin', some dead and others dyin'. And I thought to myself, 'We isn't gunna make it, are we?' But I was lucky I thought that, let me tell you! I got so scared that I locked right up, and that big bone monster swept it's tail down right in front of me! None of us three were hit, but the buildin' beside us was, and before I could move even an inch the thing fell on top of my brother! I cried, 'Sam, Sam!' but he didn't ever respond; my sister cried and cried and I did too, or so she says. I was so damn angry at the time that I don't rightly remember; all I could see was that demonic monstrocity, killin' and destroyin' and swipin' it's tail and death claw all over the damn place.

Me an' my sister scurried off then, to somewhere dark an' secluded. I led the way but I didn't really know where I was goin'; there was so much rubble and smoke I couldn't see hardly anythin'. Wherever we went to we were safe. I watched until the big white dino-saaur disappeared, and waited until the rumblin' was gone too. When we finally came out o' the darkness there wasn't much left to see; damn creature leveled everythin' and then went on to some other city. I never was sure how it died, some bomb or missile or somethin'. I just hope you young people never have to see anythin' like it. That screech it had, something straight from the devil, let me tell you. There ain't nothin' about that event that was natural, nothin' at all...."

1 comment: