Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Xenon, Yttrium, and Zinc


So I've finally come up with the names for my Salamanders. After thinking on it for a few days I decided to name them after some elements on the periodic table because, well, elements are cool! :) My first two choices were Zinc and Zirconium, with the possibilities of Tungsten, Xenon, Argon, and a few others. After mentioning it to Chad he said it was too bad I didn't have three little critters, because then I could name them Xenon, Yttrium, and Zinc. (X, Y, Z!) This seemed so cool to me that I couldn't quite let it go, and yep, you guessed it: I bought another little salamander.

This pretty much made the purchase of a new tank nessisary! So, I went out to walmart and picked up a nice 14 gallon glass tank. I definitely don't have the room for it but I placed it on the floor; right now it is cycling water and getting everything oxygenated for when I add X, Y, and Z.


So here are a few more pictures of Zinc (the little guy), Xenon (aka Fatty, the large dark one) and Yttrium (the large light one.) Only one more day and they'll be in their new, big cage! Hurray!



I really need to find a hobby so I stop talking about these damn salamanders. ;)

1 comment: